Saturday, April 1, 2006

Commonwealth Hidden Treasure

Actualy, I've been trying to write this down as soon as possible, but there was a good point too for late writing it to you. Actually the title Hidden Treasure sure is bring a big heavy burden. Because if it is not good enough, I will be so subjective writing it down to you guys all.

Well, firstly started with bored with the nearest commonwealth food market, since I don't want to go so far just for eating. But, that day I've boosting my leg and spirit to take another step, to see whats beyond the food market. And my result is not quite bad, I found another food market across the street. Luckily me, it was not the only one. I've found another two of it. So total food market near my live place is 4.

Ok, lets numbered them then. I'll call the 1st market is the nearest one, the second one is the firstly to see in the right side after crossing the street, and the 3rd one is just about the left side of the 2nd, and the 4th is standing on north, the farest and smallest one I think.

Trying to find the best food and getting to know all of the 3 new Food Market, I walked so slowly. Looking and reading the food menu, at the 2nd FM (Food Market), all the food were there almost Malay and Indian Food. Nasi Bryani, Mee Soto, Nasi Goreng Merah, Satay Food, Nasi Padang. The 3rd one is I think selling kinda westernized food. It was selling steaks, lamb chop steak, omelete steak, etc. The 4th one is selling chinese food and Indian food.

The Commonwealth hidden treasure is located at the 4th FM, Evertop Boneless Hainese Chiken Rice. The place was quite full, there were a queue for ordering the food. I remembered that the Restaurant that selling food and had queue must be good at quality. So, I try to test my luck there.

It was quite of a long time before my chicken rice is deserved right on top my table. First impression that come accross my mind is like this "weewww, the chicken is quite small, and the rice is so regular, only a small bowl of rice, I think it won't satisfy me". Well looks can be decify. It displayed with a small plate, with sliced cucumber and special oil at the bottom, covered with steam boneless chicken, and the last one is union leafkemangi leaf and special pickle. The package is being company by 1 bowl of rice, 1 bowl of soup, and 1 chili and sauce small plate.


For S$ 3,- this was a great worthy food. Since I've once eat similar food at soup restaurant at August 25, 2004. Soup restaurant was located at Semanggi Mall, Jakarta, at 1st or 2nd storey I think (not so remember about the floor). Ok, back to the chicken rice :p, enough remembering the old soup restaurant :p. Well started with tasting the special oil, I almost surprised, tasty food. Yet, another suprise just came by, the chicken were so delicate and soft (Hey... this is not a softener advertizing :p). Even with my hungry food, I take the food really slowly, because I want to taste it until the last drop of it :D (How Greedy!!!)

So, why did I told you it's better to write it now then after I firstly tried it? Well simple answer, because since that I already taste 3 different chicken rice food, to compare with commonwealth Chicken Rice. Well the 3 different chicken rice is not good at all. The malay chicken rice is a roast chicken rice, I think it's almost as the same as buying fried chicken at Jakarta so not good at all. The other 2 places were selling steamed chicken, but It was sold including the bone :p and the special oil taste is cann't be comparable good with the commonwealth one.

Conclusion, the chicken rice is announced as hidden treasure since it's has the taste for a hidden treasure. ^__^ So Want to join me here eating it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are too little good sites. Your site is the best. Thank you for the chance to sign your guest book.
- ochep.blogspot.com 7
07 car civic honda
buy used car
car undefined used
used car bergen
used car oakland
used car greensboro
used car raleigh
used car killeen
used car vallejo
used car tacoma